Melaleuca: The Wellness Company®, will pay $2.64 million in loyalty and longevity bonuses to 264 employees in appreciation to those who have served between five to twenty-five years with the company. The checks will be awarded today during the company’s annual employee meeting. The average longevity bonus check for the 264 employees is over $10,000.
The bonuses are part of Melaleuca’s ongoing effort to reward the employees who created the company’s success. Melaleuca pays its employees many types of incentives based on performance and productivity. All full-and part-time employees, regardless of position or pay level, receive this “loyalty and long-term contribution bonus” simply based on the employee’s length of service. Melaleuca’s pays $5,000 to employees on their five-year anniversary, $10,000 for 10 years, $15,000 for 15 years, $33,000 for 20 years, $25,000 for 25 years and $30,000 for 30 years.
The company encourages its employees to put their bonuses into deferred compensation programs to save for their retirement. Every employee (including janitors and phone operators) who works for Melaleuca for 30 years and takes advantage of all the company’s 401(k) matches and deferred compensation programs is expected to accrue over $1 million in savings by retirement.
“It’s our goal that all Melaleuca employees will retire as millionaires,” said Melaleuca CEO Frank VanderSloot. “Loyalty is a two-way street. We believe those who go the journey with us should share in the wealth. It’s rewarding to see them prosper with the company.”
The company has created a program whereby all long-term employees at all levels will have in excess of $1 million in the bank when they retire from Melaleuca if they invest the longevity bonuses in the company’s Longevity and 401(k) programs.
In addition to the company’s loyalty and long-term contribution bonus, Melaleuca offers its employees many other benefits, including:
- Full medical and dental health plans
- 401(k) plan with company matching funds
- Profit sharing
- Life insurance
- $80 per month of Melaleuca’s health and wellness products
- State of the art on-site fitness center
- On-site child care center
- On-site employee subsidized lunches
- Free butler services to all full-time employees (e.g. driving kids to piano lessons, picking up clothes from dry cleaners, changing your tires)
- College tuition reimbursement
- Sons and daughters college scholarship program
- Significant discounts at 90 local vendors situated near Melaleuca operations and 650 national retail outlets. Similarly, Melaleuca leverages its extensive buying power to offer employees discounted mortgage services, vehicle savings, a health care savings program to reduce out-of-pocket expenses, a variety of wireless and telecom services, identity theft services and home security services.
Melaleuca: The Wellness Company®, enhances lives by developing, manufacturing and marketing more than 350 natural health and wellness products. These health, home cleaning, pharmaceutical and personal care products are designed to be safer and more cost-effective than grocery store brands. Visit www.melaleuca.com for more information.
For the fourth year in a row, Forbes has listed Melaleuca as one of the top employers in America.
It was the “journey of a lifetime” for eight military veterans who traveled to the nation’s capital last week on an all-expenses paid trip courtesy of Melaleuca.
On Sept. 14, 2023, Major General Michael J. Garshak presented the Patriot Award to Melaleuca Director of Product Management James Andersen during a ceremony held at the Idaho National Guard.